Snapshots of Life Lately.
The past few days, weeks, weekends have been so great!! Although I've been trying to keep my phone/camera away to enjoy the "in the moments", I do manage to sneak a few pictures here & there when I can. Let's start in February..
- In our circle, the first birthday wishes go to our super saiyan Vega! A small shindig at his place that involved insanely yummy food, of course weird conversations that had us in tears, Sisybea stealing all the fruits from the sangria & an hour of looking at cat/dog videos on Youtube. In the pic, my sweets Yoli, Greg & Kim are missing. RAWR!
- On a mission to find the perfect lip stain, Sisybae & I went to several stores & spent that entire weekend laughing, trying on random colors & playing dress up. LOL! I finally manage to find the PERFECT red stain by STILA.
- On a Sunday, one of my favorites came with me to church for the first time. Afterwards we had a double date with my mum & her hubbs & basically destroyed what I thought was "too much food". Another great meal & day to add to the books. Not to mention my parents adore my best friend more than ever after their bonding time together. Go figure.
- I'm still not sure what to make of this Houston weather. Sometimes its gorgeous, sunny & warm & suddenly, we're up in the clouds, its back down to the twenties & my coats make their way out of the closet. UGH!
- This past weekend a few of us went to dinner at my favorite little romantical spot downtown. It was so nice to get all dressed up, share food, have a few drinks & laugh the entire night outdoors. It was really perfect. Afterwards, Captain Philips played quietly in the living room while the dogs slept. A serious movie can't ever really be taken serious in our house.
- The following day was Rodeo day! We woke up early to still manage to get there late. It's normal for us. Hundreds of white tents, a pretty big carnival & the aroma of BBQ was everywhere!!!!!!! We managed to get into two tents where food & drinks were unlimited & I semi danced to one song. ONE song! It was more of a fist pump really. We then left & drove for an hour to get to Galveston for Mardi Gras. I don't think I've yelled so much to get beads thrown at me.
- Doing groceries last night I came across my little hummus heaven. A little something you should know about me. I LOVE hummus. Like, I can really eat it all with a spoon if I wanted to. My favorite is to have it with tater tots. OMG!!
- Last week I came home to find a tiny black cactus in my room. Heart explodes!! His name is King Caleb Blaque. Yesterday after paying mum a visit, she handed me a little package of mixed cactus seeds to add to our greenhouse. HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!